CFO Masterclass Sep 2023
- 11 Sep 2023
T+O+M Executive’s Finance team hosted their second CFO masterclass breakfast of the year on 7th Sep 2023. We were honoured to have two industry experts, Anita Hoskins (CFO of Fraser’s Property) and Gordon Bell (ex CFO of Business Banking, Westpac), take us through their journeys to becoming high profile CFOs.
Here are the key takeaways from the event:
- Take on new challenges and always say yes to an opportunity, unless you have a compelling reason not to.
- Traditional expectation of deep industry experience should not be the sole determinant of success in CFO position, instead you need curiosity to understand the business and commercial acumen.
- Strengthening the relationship between the CFO and CEO is crucial. It involves the ability to engage in constructive dialogue and challenge each other's perspectives.
- The transition from Head of Finance to CFO is a significant shift - you have to evolve from being the custodian of financial data to the driver of strategic business decisions.
- The importance of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams is essential to the success of a CFO. It is critical to be able to connect the financial aspects of a business with its operational and strategic goals.
Watch out for updates on the next in the CFO masterclass series in early 2024.