Change Management AI Roundtable Nov 2023
- 01 Dec 2023
Based on questions submitted prior to the roundtable from those attending, Greg knowledgeably talked through the 3 layers of implications for change professionals that AI brings, being:
1) Influencing organisational readiness for AI
where change managers can help a business:
- Understand the capability of AI by distinguishing between hype and hope and fostering conversations about AI's potential benefits or hindrances.
- Introduce discipline to data quality by emphasising the importance of a disciplined approach to data quality for effective AI integration.
- Define ethical and legal boundaries ensuring transparency in the use of AI and respecting individuals' right to know
- Invest in education by encouraging AI-related education and coaching, demystifying the technology through experimentation, and building trust to overcome perceived threats.
2) Supporting change activities in AI projects
The benefits of AI for change managers are:
- Reducing cognitive overload by simplifying concepts, fostering sparring and reflection, and enabling a focus on creativity and strategy
- Improving quality by enhancing written content, facilitating faster analysis, and elevating the overall quality of outputs.
- Increasing productivity through the time-save of idea generation, promoting co-creation, and optimising the time and cost invested in impactful content creation.
- Measurable benefits where hours saved are quantifiable with a more agile contribution from change management leading to enhanced perception.
3) Using Generative AI within change methods
Currently the top 5 ways that generative AI is currently being used for change management are:
- Sourcing Ideas for thought-provoking questions for interviews or topics for workshops
- Writing or redefining business communications and instructions
- Streamlining the synthesis of large volumes of stakeholder interview notes or workshop outcomes for more efficient decision-making.
- Providing an overview of unfamiliar topics and breaking down complex subjects into logical, digestible chunks.
- Accelerating the creation of explainer videos and how-to guides
The session also involved some fun, interactive breakout groups that helped participants think of the practical implications of AI that could be implemented in their day-to-day work.
Many thanks to Greg and ReThink Change for such a useful and informative roundtable.
If you are a change professional looking for more information or your next opportunity, get in touch with one of our team.