We place Head of Finance roles in Australia’s leading banks, insurers, wealth managers, property, FMCG and retail companies, with whom we have built long-term trusted relationships.
Our finance team is the largest specialist finance recruitment team in Sydney. We have worked hard to build an extensive network of top tier candidates, including Heads of Finance, since our inception in 2004.
The Head of Finance role is a key business partner, typically responsible for leading a team of finance professionals providing financial, strategic and management advice, implementation of accounting policy, and robust controls and governance for the organisation.
Other Accounting & Finance jobs we typically place include:
T+O+M co-founder and director, Grant Movsowitz chats to our Head of Accounting and Investment Management, Fergal Gleeson, about the latest recruitment trends in Sydney.
- Providing the organisation with financial insights and advice on commercial activities
- Leading and mentoring a team of finance professionals to provide high quality financial reporting and analysis to protect the assets of the organisation
- Working with key business stakeholders to drive strategy, better outcomes and profitability
- Delivering the organisation’s financial performance results accurately and on time
- Developing and delivering the annual financial planning and budgeting process, working closely with other business functions
- Ensuring the finance function acts in line with regulatory guidelines and meets financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Delivering efficient and accurate sales forecasting
- Identifying opportunities to help the business achieve its goals
- Setting and monitoring product volumes, margins and fees
- Working with operations to manage expense control
- Ten years financial services industry and financial services management experience
- Experience managing large projects and change management
- Knowledge of global industry issues, trends and practices
- An understanding of how other key areas in the business work, including cultures and processes
- Key stakeholder management experience
- Sound understanding of key business and industry issues
- Business product experience - product profitability, building business cases for product, financial management of impacts of changing legislation and accounting standards
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes
- Acts in line with regulatory and legislative guidelines, for example Reserve Bank, ASA and ASIC guidelines